Friday, March 5, 2010

Upgrade!

Breaking News!!  The Jets acquired cornerback Antonio Cromartie, from the Chargers, for a 2011 draft pick.  Word.

And, earlier today the Jets released cornerback Lito Sheppard.  When I read that, I was like damn, we're releasing everybody!  I'm still not sure how I feel about Thomas Jones being released, but that's another entry for another day.  Anyway, Cromartie + Darrelle Revis in the secondary = beastly!  We already know how Revis gets down.  I still get upset that he wasn't selected as Defensive Player of the Year.  Can I get a recount!?!?  Just ask T.O., Marques Colston, Roddy White, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, and the player formerly known as Chad Ochocinco about Revis Island.  They'll tell you who should've won!

Sorry, I lost focus for a second but I'm back now.  So, let's talk stats.  I'll admit, Sheppard and Cromartie's stats were pretty comparable for the '09-'10 season.  But when you look at '07-'08, Cromartie's breakout season with 10 interceptions, and '08-'09 with 61 tackles, there's no comparison.   Sheppard hasn't been as productive as Cromartie since '04-'05.  This is a major upgrade!

I'm amped about this move.  Just like that, we got three years younger.  You know that's major in football!  The Jets brass will just have to make sure that Cromartie stays focused.  Throughout his four year career, he's had a lot of baby mama drama swirling around him.  If he keeps his head in the game... game over!

No comments:

Post a Comment