Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bleeding Purple & Gold!!


If I were to make an uneducated guess, I'd say that the majority of the Lakers/Kobe fans reside in the 310 or the 323.  Nothing scientific about it.  Purely based on tweets and Facebook status updates I've read during the playoffs. And based on that uneducated guess, I would be loud AND wrong.  And, if I were a betting woman, I'd be broke. Well, thank goodness I'm neither uneducated nor a betting woman.  I'm so much smarter than that. I know you guys perpetrate a fraud.  Front like you dislike the Lakers, but cheer for them on the low.  Yep, if you're suddenly feeling uncomfortable reading this, that means I'm talking to you.

Today, the NBA announced that Kobe Bryant's #24 jersey is the top selling jersey in the country for the second consecutive season, while the Lakers also top the list with merchandise sales.  This report is based on sales at the NBA Store in NYC and on NBAstore.com, since the start of the 2009-2010 NBA season through April 2010. 

Love 'em, hate 'em, or love to hate 'em, hella people are coppin' that purple and gold.

In case you're wondering, here's a breakdown of the Top 10 Most Popular teams and Top 15 Most Popular Jerseys.

Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
  1. Lakers
  2. Celtics
  3. Cavs
  4. Bulls
  5. Knicks
  6. Nuggets
  7. Magic
  8. Heat
  9. Spurs
  10. Sun
Top 15 Most Popular Jerseys:


  1. Kobe Bryant/Lakers
  2. Lebron James/Cavs
  3. Kevin Garnett/Celtics (up one spot from last season)
  4. Derrick Rose/Bulls
  5. Dwight Howard/Magic
  6. Dwyane Wade/Heat
  7. Chris Paul/Hornets
  8. Paul Pierce/Celtics
  9. Kevin Durant/Thunder
  10. Carmelo Anthony/Nuggets (up five spots from last season)
  11. Nate Robinson/Celtics (boo.  i still don't approve Nate the Great in a Celtics uni)
  12. David Lee/Knicks (get it now b/c i doubt he'll be a Knick next season)
  13. Brandon Roy/Trailblazers
  14. Pau Gasol/Lakers
  15. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics (shocker)

Did you peep how my Knicks are still represented on these lists even though they stink?  You gotta love it.  Also, I just want to go on the record as saying that next season the Knicks will hold down the #1 spot on both of these lists after they sign one or two free agents this summer.  Pow.

No comments:

Post a Comment